Senior Sourcing Engineer
Cascade Drives has developed a new type of electromechanical linear actuator. The technology enables a unique combination of transferring high forces and high speeds, offering a strong alternative to other electromechanical actuators and hydraulic actuators. The technology's market potential is great, and the global trend of electrification within working machinery contributes to an enthusiastic market response. Cascade Drives has delivered several pilot projects currently undergoing durability tests at customers. Market segments are differentiated with electrified working machines and industrial presses.
We are now looking to expand our sourcing capacity as we plan for serial production. We seek a technically oriented procurement specialist with a strong commercial drive to establish our Supply Chain & Quality function.
- Review mechanical and electrical design with the development team during the development process to ensure manufacturability and competitive sourcing of all parts.
- Identify and engage suppliers to work with Cascade Drives, proving their supply capacity through prototype parts while developing methods for quality control and cost rationalization for volume supply.
- Structure and perform supplier selection to ensure the best value, reliability, and scalability.
- Manage the supply of parts from design release through quotations, negotiations, ordering, factory acceptance testing, and incoming quality control to ensure the correct part is delivered on time
- Work with suppliers to ensure performance, reliability, and lifetime data on components meet requirements from 3rd-party certification bodies
- Structure warranty provisions with suppliers meeting our commercial requirements
- Continuously improve our procurement process and proactively look for alternative solutions and suppliers to improve performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
- Continuously work with component cost drivers vs performance drivers to reduce cost and lead times while improving reliability and quality.
Skills and qualifications
You have at least five years of professional experience from strategic and operational procurement or supply-chain work. Experience from equipment used in harsh environments such as mobile machinery, mining, or similar areas is qualifying. You have strong negotiation skills and experience from establishing commercial supply agreements, combined with the ability to attract the best suppliers to want to work with you. Experience from developing an efficient purchasing process and suitable ERP systems are qualifying. Knowledge of manufacturing methods for advanced mechanical parts in different materials is desired. An existing network of skilled suppliers is valuable. You are proficient in Swedish and English, both spoken and written.
As a Senior Sourcing Engineer, you will be traveling. A valid driving license is required.
As a person
- you are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- you are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- you enjoy coaching team members to reach the best joint results
- you are comfortable in presenting your ideas and requirements internally and externally
- you always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- you are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach ambitious goals
- you are data-driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis
Your personality, experience, and passion for this field is most important.
Working at Cascade Drives
We offer a dynamic work environment with a team of highly motivated and skilled individuals. We aim to make the world a better place by bringing highly efficient electromechanical actuators to the market. Each team member works with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. We offer a supportive, fun, and international environment. Having shown game-changing performance, expectations are high, and your work will be closely watched from around the world.
Does this sound like you?
-If yes, take the chance to come onboard an extremely exciting journey! Mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cascade Drives is a growing company constantly looking for talented people, don't hesitate to send in your application, who knows, you may the one we are looking for just now!
An experienced board
Cascade Drives' board provides both business acumen and industrial technical experience.
Chairman | Since 2018
CEO of Quintus Technologies AB, Chairman of the Board of Marine Jet Power, Background from ABB and BAE.
CMO and founder of SurfCleaner. Extensive experience in business development and sales for growth in both large companies and smaller firms in start-up stage. Member of Board in CorePower Ocean.
Management consultant and private investor with a background as CEO from international B2B companies in the industry and IT.
Business creation officer at KIC Inno Energy Sweden. Founder of Novator AB, significant experience of start-ups based on advanced technical inventions.
35 years’ experience of international business development.
Cascade Drives has a well-defined patent strategy with multiple ongoing filings.
"Cascade Gearbox" EP2921694
The history of Cascade Drives
Cascade Drives AB is founded by Mr. Stig Lundbäck, MD, innovator and technical expert. Stig passed away in 2017 but spent most of his life researching the pumping and control functions of the human heart. Mr. Lundbäck invented the Dynamic Adaptive Piston Pump Technology (DAPPT) in 1984, and his discoveries were published in his book Cardiac Pumping and Function of the Ventricular Septum from 1986. He later became interested in ocean wave power and used his considerable mechanical expertize to design high-power wave energy converters.
Cascade Drive's patented solutions are based on several of Mr Lundbäck's unique inventions regarding equal load distribution between gear wheels. His original ideas have been further developed by inventors and engineers for several years, not only industrial linear actuators, but also for wave power conversion in ocean energy applications.
At Cascade Drive, we are now proud to be able to offer commercial designs based on Mr Lundbäck's inventions. Stig's focus was always on solving real-world problems, and that is exactly what eqGear technology is all about.
How can we help you?
Work with us to create an eqGear product suited for your unique application.
Leverage our manufacturing relationships and know-how for volume manufacturing of eqGear products.
License eqGear technology for implementation in your own products.